Although vape pens and vaporizers have been popular for quite some time now, there are still many people out there who are not yet sure what the difference between these two products is, and whether they should invest in a vape pen or a handheld portable vaporizer.
In today’s article we’ll try to lay out all the key differences between these two types of products in order to help users get a clear understanding of how the products are used, so they know which product suits them best and why.
The Key Differences Between Vape Pens and Portable Vaporizers
Although these two products are very similar, they do have vast differences between them, which is why we’d like to provide users an unbiased, honest overview of their drawbacks and benefits.
- Smaller, easy to take with you on the go and much more discreet
- Practically the size of a real pen
- Fit basically anywhere, in your purse, your bag and even your pocket
- Look similarly to e-cigarettes
- Use a smaller amount of product
- More delicate in design
- Every vape pen has its own features so it takes time for you to learn how to use them properly
- Their heating element runs out faster
- Less smooth
- Offer less technologies
- Offer precision temperature control
- Have a stronger pull
- Cook the product evenly
- Require less reloading as they store more product in their chambers
- Produce better quality result
- Offer more potent vapor, aroma and taste
- More rigid and durable build
- Good and long-lasting vaporizers are expensive
- Not so discreet
- More robust
- Significantly larger than a vape pen
Choosing between Vape Pens and Portable Vaporizers
The most important thing to do before deciding whether to go with a vape pen or a portable vaporizer is to consider your needs and what it is you’re looking to get out of the experience. While portable vaporizers pack more product, they are significantly larger than vape pens, which makes vape pens easier to use and a bit more convenient.
Portable vaporizers, on the other hand, offer extra features and have temperature control which make their vapor unmatchable to the one produced by vape pens.
Since portable vaporizers can store more product inside, they may be more suitable for group gatherings and similar occasions, while vape pens can be a great choice for when you’re on the go, taking a walk, going to the beach and other similar activities that might require a bit more discreet and smaller product that has the look and feel of an e-cig.
There are also many other cases where these two types of products can be interchangeable with one another, but if you can’t make up your mind between a vape pen and a portable vaporizer, you can get both of them and use them for different occasions.